Monday, July 7, 2008

A Final Word on the Terror Attack and then Good News

So many words have been written about the terror attack in Jerusalem last week but before I consign it to the archives of terror attacks, I would recommend to you dear readers of my blog, a quick look at the letter written by a mother whose was present in the midst of the attack, whose car was destroyed but she miraculously escaped.

The full account is worth reading for as we often say, we witness daily miracles in our lives here in Israel. The is another story of a miracle.
http://thisisisrael.blogspot.com/2008/07/thank-god-we-survive.html

The good news is that many people must have been reading this blog when I have been singing the praises of our beautiful town Haifa. It is now reported that in the first quarter of 2008 there has been a rise in tourism of over 30%, occupancy rates in the city's hotels are above the national average.

there is now talk of adding an extra 10 hotels to the present compliment of hotels which would increase the number of beds from 1500 to 4000 beds - that is a lot of tourists.

Perhaps I ought to just qualify my earlier statement that this has come about from reading my blog. I am sure the $200,000 that the city invested in advertising had something to do with it.

If you are planning a trip to Israel, do come to Haifa, it is worth it!!

No comments: